Outside Sales Representative
Company: Applied Industrial Technologies
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Establish and expand relationships with current and prospective
customers using multiple techniques including regular sales calls,
cold-calling, industry networking, customer recommendations, etc.
to drive aggressive closure of all available opportunities.
- Every action should be taken to close deals, secure contracts,
drive sales growth, and generate revenue.
- Develop and deliver sales and marketing proposals for customers
on technical products & services in an effective & professional
- Make presentations to OEMs, users, suppliers, etc.
- Deliver technical presentations, product demonstrations,
workshops, and lunch & learns.
- Call on and, when necessary, entertain Engineers, Contractors,
and Industrial Clients to facilitate better customer relationships
and help promote ongoing business partnerships.
- Be strategic, organized, and technologically savvy in your
approach to managing your sales territory including, but not
- Planning sales calls to achieve maximum customer face time each
- Use of LinkedIn and other social networks to track current and
potential customers, network with potential and existing customer
contacts, and perform new customer research.
- Develop strategic plans and accurate forecasts for sales
territory and assigned accounts using previous sales, industry, and
- Provide outstanding customer service and respond to any & all
customer needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Maintain sales records, pipeline reporting, and generate
relevant sales and market reports on a quarterly, annual, and as
- Actively participate in weekly, quarterly, and annual sales
- Maintain up-to-date working knowledge of the industries served
and the products & services offered.
- Track industry trends and technical developments that effect
target markets.Essential Mental Functions:
- Self-motivated & aggressive in sales tactics and strategies;
desire to close sales on every customer call.
- Strong technical/industry knowledge to build upon.
- Strong Computer Proficiency (Microsoft Office, namely Outlook,
Word, & Excel).
- Previous experience with Prophet21 (P21) highly desired.
- Excellent internal & external communication, problem solving,
and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and task management skills.
- Able to tackle multiple projects while being organized, detail,
and deadline oriented.
- Ability to relate to all levels of employees within the
organization, as well as customers & vendors.
- Ability to focus on company expectations while continuously
striving for improvement and territory growth.Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Industrial
Distribution, Engineering & Management, Mechanical, or Industrial
Engineering, or Sales/Marketing; equivalent experience may be
substituted for degree requirement.
- Minimum 3+ years' experience in Outside Sales/Account
Manager/Territory Manager role within the industrial marketplace
- Modern, multi-function office environment; significant daily
travel involved including customer calls, visiting customer sites,
attending trade shows, industry events, and networking events.
- Normal working hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through
Friday; Additional hours as needed based on customer needs.FCX
Performance is an Applied Industrial Technologies Company and a
leading process flow control company, providing technical,
mission-critical products and services to more than 15,000 end
users, OEMs, and EPC firms across a broad range of industries and
markets. Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading
industrial distributor that offers more than 6.5 million parts to
serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every
industry.Applied-- provides engineering, design and systems
integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as
customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop
services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory
management solutions that provide added value to our customers.We
are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual
orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital
status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: Applied Industrial Technologies, Bismarck , Outside Sales Representative, Sales , Bismarck, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!