Analyst, Actuarial Services
Company: Evolent Health
Posted on: November 22, 2022
**Your Future Evolves Here**
New Century Health (NCH) has been transforming the delivery of
specialty care and driving radical cost and quality improvement
across the member journey for patients with cancer and
cardiovascular disease. As part of Evolent Health, we are on a bold
mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way
health care is delivered. Evolenteers make a difference wherever
they are, whether it is at a medical center, in the office, or
while working from home across 48 states. We empower you to work
from where you work best, which makes juggling careers, families,
and social lives so much easier. Through our recognition programs,
we also highlight employees who live our values, give back to our
communities each year, and are champions for bringing their whole
selves to work each day. If you're looking for a place where your
work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don't just
join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind
**Why We're Worth the Application:**
- We continue to grow year over year.
- Recognized as a leader in driving important diversity, equity,
and inclusion (DE&I) efforts ( .
- Achieved a 100% score two years in a row on the Human Rights
Campaign's Corporate Equality Index making us a best place to work
for LGBTQ+ equality.
- Named to Parity.org's 2020 list of the best companies for women
to advance ( .
- Continued to prioritize the employee experience and achieved an
87% overall engagement score on our last employee survey.
- Published an annual DE&I report ( to share our progress on
how we're building an equitable workplace.
- *What You'll Be Doing:**
- *Who You'll Be Working With:**
The Analyst, Actuarial Services utilizes and develops analytic
tools to solve complex business challenges as well as support
decision making that can have a considerable impact on the
organization and patient health. This role supports both Medical
Cost Management activities as well as Business Development
**What You'll Be Doing:**
- Analyze utilization and authorization data to identify trends,
calculate cost of healthcare, and identify opportunities for New
Century Health to add value to customers (e.g. IBNR, Alternative
- Working with peers and other teams to gather requirements and
develop action plans to complete time sensitive projects more
efficiently/effectively as well as identify opportunities for
improving the reliability and validity of analytic reports
- Communicate technical concepts and implications to
internal/external business customers.
- Collaborating with internal/external business customers to
understand their problems and objectives, solve business questions,
and help them to achieve goals by performing statistical analysis,
developing analytic models, creating data reports/dashboards using
a variety of performance metrics
**The Experience You'll Need (Required):**
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with a quantitative major (e.g.
actuarial, statistics, operations research, mathematics,
- Successful completion of at least 1 actuarial exam
- 1-2 years of professional experience in analytics
- 1-2 years of experience with Microsoft Excel
- Strong willingness to learn
- Ability to communicate clearly with diverse stakeholders to
solve problems; ability to translate between business needs and
- Exceptionally strong analytical abilities, with track record of
identifying insights from quantitative and qualitative data
**Finishing Touches (Preferred):**
- Experience in claims-based healthcare analytics with a payer,
provider, vendor, or related healthcare consulting entity
- Familiarity with value-based care and utilization
- Experience with languages/platforms such as Python, R, SQL,
Hadoop, AWS, ArcGIS
- Experience with BI tools (e.g. Power BI.), Visual Basic, and
Currently, Evolent employees work remotely temporarily due to
COVID-19. As such, we require that all employees have the following
technical capability at their home: High speed internet over 10
Mbps, the ability to plug in directly to the home internet router.
These at-home technical requirements are subject to change with any
scheduled re-opening of our office locations.
Evolent Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all its
employees, partners and patients and complies with all applicable
local, state, and national law regarding COVID health and
vaccination requirements. Evolent expects all employees to also
comply. We currently require all employees who may voluntarily
return to our Evolent offices to be vaccinated and invite all
employees regardless of vaccination status to remain working from
**Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all
qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran status, or disability status.**
Compensation Range: The minimum salary for this position is
$80,000, plus benefits. Salaries are determined by the skill set
required for the position and commensurate with experience and may
vary above and below the stated amounts.
Keywords: Evolent Health, Bismarck , Analyst, Actuarial Services, Professions , Bismarck, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!