Accounts Payable Specialist
Company: CHS Inc
Posted on: November 17, 2023
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers,
ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides
grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around
the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the
United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees
are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19
countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower
agriculture. Summary CHS is hiring an Accounts Payable Specialist
to join its finance team. The Experienced AP Specialist will
provide day-to-day support for the business unit customers and
vendors through the entire procure-to-pay process and, at the same
time, seek process improvement efficiencies and understand
corporate structures, business contacts, and stakeholders.The
person in this role will also participate in special projects and
other duties as assigned. Responsibilities
- With limited oversight, prepare daily inbound shipments for
reconciliation and application. May assist more junior members of
the team with more complex daily tasks.
- Handle settlement of various shipment types for multiple
facilities and customers.
- Process invoices related to contracts, product, freight, EDI
and miscellaneous charges.
- Manage internal and external customer inquiries.
- Resolve customer payment concerns.
- Utilize electronic document file system.
- Process daily banking transactions.
- Prioritize daily workloads in order to meet specified deadlines
and due dates.
- Monitor daily reports and update related data as required to
ensure accurate vendor payments and customer billings.
- Reconcile vendor statements and resolve discrepancies.
- Obtain proper payment approvals from the business.
- Obtain required information to perform 3-Way Match.
- Complete appropriate debit and credit adjustments to vendor and
- Coordinate and communicate with vendors, customer service
representatives and account managers as needed.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with
internal and external customers.
- Perform other duties and responsiblities as needed or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- 2+ years of experience in Finance and/or Accounting
- High School diploma or GED Additional Qualifications
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Previous experience in accounting, bookeeping and interacting
with internal and external customers
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Abilty to work extended hours during peak seasons to meet
- Associate's degree preferred in Finance, Accounting,
Statistics, Economics, Business, Business Administration, or
- Previous experience with Agris accounting software
- Farming background or agriculture experience preferred
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and
industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the
position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment
screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor
vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse. CHS
offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include
Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day
Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension,
Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition
reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.CHS is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: CHS Inc, Bismarck , Accounts Payable Specialist, Other , Taylor, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!