MFLC Mission Ready Reserve Counselor - North Dakota
Posted on: September 13, 2023
Description Leidos is hiring licensed behavioral health
professionals to join our Military and Family Life Counselor (MFLC)
program as Mission Ready Reserve counselors to support
short-term/as-needed events.Join the mission to support U.S.
military service members and their families as they work through
important military life adjustments while serving their country.
The Military and Family Life Counselor Mission Ready Reserve (MRR)
position offers a unique opportunity to serve a vital role, in
providing non-medical support, which includes counseling,
consultation, and outreach, to our nation's military children and
families. Non-medical counseling is preventive in nature and aims
to address and provide solution focused approaches to issues before
they become greater challenges.This posting is for our Mission
Ready Reserve team. We are seeking candidates with the flexibility
to pick up shifts both locally with potential to travel for
short-term coverage. These roles would be as needed, and the
duration of the work will vary from 2-3 months or 6-9 months in
length.MRR-MFLC responsibilities include:
- Face-to-face counseling to military service members and their
families (Individual, Couples, Family, and Children).
- Visibility at assignment, supporting military-connected
students, parents, and staff.
- Recommending appropriate referrals and handoffs based on your
experienced differential clinical skills to military and community
resources according to the needs of military service members and
- Offer presentations to address social skills development and
social emotional learning that is crucial for childhood early
- Promote creativity and positivity through approved
- Build rapport with service members, spouses, and children by
attending installation and community events.
- Help children with transition adjustments, such as a new school
and a new home.
- Participate in regular in-service training or other contract
activities as assigned.
- Communicate information regarding trends and issues at assigned
installation to Team Leads.MRR-MFLC will also benefit from:
- No insurance to file.
- No progress notes required.
- No treatment plans to develop.
- iPad provided for easy digital reporting, with no PII or
- Paid federal holidays.
- Free and unlimited behavioral healthcare training.
- Reimbursement for job-related license renewal fees.
- Eligibility to participate in 401K retirement plan.
- Centralized support through a Counseling Center of Excellence
that provides best practices, expert speakers, and state-of-the-art
resources.Additional Job Duties May Include:
- Responding to emergent situations in any physical location on a
- Traversing long distances to both indoor and outdoor locations,
to maneuver through rugged, outdoor, or uneven locations
(ascend/descend), and work in outdoor weather.
- Travelling to locations outside of a military base in a variety
of physical environments.
- Due to the nature of working on military installations or
related worksites, counselors may need to comply with various
site-specific requirements to work at designated locations.Minimum
- A master's degree or higher in the Behavioral Health
- Licensure to practice at the independent practice level (LCSW,
MFT, LPCC, Psychologist) in the state where you provide
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be able to pass a basic background check for employment, a
Child National Agency Check, and Inquiries (NACI/CNACI) clearance,
commonly called a Public Trust clearance. Pay Range: Pay Range
$28/hr. - $50/hr. Pay Range: Pay Range - The Leidos pay range for
this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of
compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending
an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the
job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as
well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable
bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Keywords: Leidos, Bismarck , MFLC Mission Ready Reserve Counselor - North Dakota, Other , Minot, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!