Posted on: September 24, 2022
At SpartanNash, we deliver the ingredients for a better life
through customer-focused innovation. We do this for our supply
chain customers and U.S. military commissaries, retail store guests
and, most importantly, our Associates. In fact, we see a day when
each will say, "I can't live without them."
Our SpartanNash family of Associates is 17,500 strong, ranging from
bakery managers to order selectors; from IT developers to vice
presidents of finance; from HR Business Partners to export
specialists. Each of them plays an integral role in SpartanNash's
People First culture, Operational Excellence and Insights that
Drive Solutions. Ready to contribute to the success of our food
solutions company? Apply now!
1190 W. Turnpike Ave - Bismarck, North Dakota 58501
This role is responsible to d ecorate cakes and other products;
assist in other bakery duties; maintain and operate the bakery
department in an efficient manner within company policy; to ensure
that the shift contributes to the financial best interest of the
store. Complete all other duties as assigned in a timely
Here's what you'll do:
- Decorate, cakes, cookies, and other items as determined by
production schedule and customer requests.
- Baking and frying duties as assigned.
- Price, date, wrap and/or bag bakery products.
- Properly fill, rotate and merchandise bakery shelves, cases and
- Notify the Bakery Manager if products and supplies need to be
- Handle spoiled/damaged products per established
- Assist in receiving, unloading and stocking of
- Have familiarity with all products carried in the department;
know differences in price, taste, preparation, use etc.
- Practice suggestive selling techniques with customers.
- Maintain a clean, attractive and well stocked department.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Here's what you'll need :
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, and interpret
- Basic mathematical skills
- Suggestive Selling/Knowledge of Products
- Detail Oriented
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
May be required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds frequently, and
up to 50 pounds occasionally. The associate is required to stand
and walk for extended periods of time and may bend, stoop, twist
and turn frequently. While performing the duties of this position,
the employee is subject to a typical retail store environment
(varied temperatures) and is exposed to outside weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Travel requirements vary by assignment.
SpartanNash is a certified Veteran-Friendly Employer. We value the
perspectives, backgrounds, skills, work ethic and leadership that
those who are military connected bring to the workforce.
As part of our People First culture, SpartanNash is proud to offer
a robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package .
SpartanNash is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates
diversity and believes employing a diverse workforce is key to our
success. We are committed to providing equal employment
opportunities to all individuals.
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
Keywords: SpartanNash, Bismarck , Meat Cutter, Other , Bismarck, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!