3M Product Specialist
Company: Crescent Electric Supply Company
Posted on: September 22, 2022
As a 3M Product Specialist, you are responsible for developing
and maintaining the most favored distributor status with 3M. You
will serve as a supplier's liaison and point of contact for the
category of responsibility into Crescent Electric Supply Company
and all divisions/brands/sub-locations. You will establish and
maintain mutually-beneficial relationships across the entirety of
CESCO and all its business functions including Supply Chain,
Sales/Services, IT, Marketing, Business Intelligence/Analytics, and
others.THIS POSITION IS OPEN FOR REMOTE WORK.PRIMARY DUTIES:
- Develop Crescent's overall 3M product strategy to support the
needs of the branches and regions to compete with local and
- Work with 3M on their development of new products and negotiate
pricing and service agreements that benefit Crescent and
- Select new products and negotiate initial pricing and service
- Establish, implement, and own the end to end product category
strategy. This includes developing business plans that support the
required physical, logistical, capital expenditures, and inventory
- Develop a market by market comprehensive plan and implement
that plan across the regions. Provide increased value to the
existing organization via improved buying processes, selling
strategies, enhanced rebates and improved inventory
- Work with marketing to develop content marketing tools for
mobile and web print publications.
- Align with Field Initiative Managers to provide tactical tools
to the regions and salesman to quickly drive growth.
- Optimize our rebate potential and inventory investment by
negotiating advantageous cost and rebate programs with
- Work with key suppliers to identify supply chain efficiencies
and drive network to complianceQUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and two
to five of product category industry experience (purchasing, sales,
or marketing) or equivalent combination of education and
- Experience within electrical distribution industry, working for
either a manufacturer or an electrical distributor, preferred.
- Must be analytical, be able to solve problems, be able to
create solutions, be cost conscious, be a strategic thinker and be
able to adapt as the situation requires.
- Must be proficient in the operation of a personal computer and
proficient in operating the various components of Microsoft
(specifically Excel and Word).
- Sales experience a plus.
- Experience with Eclipse operating system a plus.
- Familiarity with the construction and industrial markets and
their related processes.TOTAL REWARDS AND BENEFITSCrescent
Electric's compensation package includes an array of top-tier
benefit options, including:
- Eligibility for health, and dental, vision coverage, 401(k)
plan, and flexible spending accounts, subject to plan terms.
- Eligibility for company-paid benefits such as life insurance,
short-term disability, long-term care, and Employee Assistance
Program, subject to applicable waiting periods.
- Excused Absence time off and Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Company-paid holidays.
- Other benefits for which you may be eligible includes
supplemental life insurance, hospital indemnity, and accident and
critical illness benefits with cancer coverage.
- Eligibility: Employees are eligible for health, dental, vision,
and life insurance benefits on the first of the month following 30
days of employment. Employees who are 21 years of age or older will
be automatically enrolled in the company's 401(k) plan once they
achieve 90 days of employment.FAMILY OWNED. CULTURE OF QUALITY.
OPPORTUNITIES TO ADVANCE.Crescent is transforming and we are on a
mission to power the communities we serve through teamwork and
relentless customer focus. We have a vision of uncompromising
teamwork committed to becoming the industry leader for our
employees, suppliers, and shareholders. At Crescent, you will have
the opportunity to develop professionally, grow personally and have
the flexibility to balance your life's priorities. Let's serve
together. Let's power our communities together. Let's become THE
industry leaders...together.Crescent Electric Supply is an Equal
Opportunity Employer.Candidates are subject to pre-employment
assessments, Motor Vehicle Record review, criminal background
checks, references check, and a post-offer drug screen.
Keywords: Crescent Electric Supply Company, Bismarck , 3M Product Specialist, Other , Bismarck, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!