Crop Insurance Adjuster
Company: CGB Enterprises
Posted on: May 24, 2020
Thank you for your interest in joining our team! We hire right,
train smart, empower our employees to make decisions, and provide
ample opportunities for growth and ultimate success.
CGB Diversified Services, a subsidiary of CGB Enterprises, Inc, is
an industry leader in helping farmers manage risk. Founded in 1969,
CGB Enterprises, Inc. is known as an innovative and progressive
leader in the grain, transportation, and risk management
industries. The combination of our assets provides a growing
organization that is celebrating over 50 years of strength and
CGB DS consists of 2 areas - DSA, the internal agency which sells
policies and DCIS, the operations unit that services the policies.
CGB Diversified Services is now the fastest growing crop insurance
provider in the country, but we have never lost sight of what is
truly important - the farmers we serve.Do you have crop insurance
or agricultural industry experience? If so, this could be the job
This job is primarily responsible for adjusting both multi-peril
crop insurance (MPCI) and private products claims within a given
territory. Servicing customers (both policyholders and agents) is
the top priority.In this job, you will:
Actual responsibilities will vary depending on daily needs and type
of customer supported.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with
policyholders, agents, and other adjusters.
- Record and transmit loss information to accurately determine
potential damages in accordance to established loss adjustment
- Complete field inspections, read maps, measure fields and
- Utilize company software.
- Follow FCIS, State, and company rules and regulations,
policies, and procedures.
- Report to an Area Claims Supervisor.
- Work out of a home office.
- Complete initial and ongoing training as required by FCIC and
- Ability to read maps and aerial photographs.
- Measure fields and storage bins.
- Discuss findings of crop loss with farmers.
- Perform fact-finding and investigate crop damage, record
information, and transmit information to accurately determine
- Other duties as assigned.
Here's what you'll need to be considered:
- Required - High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Preferred - Bachelor's degree in agriculture.
- Required - None.
- Preferred - 2 years' experience handling crop insurance
- Required - Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving
- Required - CAPP License.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply,
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
with the ability to interact with all levels of people within and
outside the organization.
- Ability to complete documentation requirements.
- Ability to utilize analytical thinking; find facts and solve
- Ability to remain self-motivated and efficient.
- Ability to work both in an office setting and outdoors in a
- Ability to work well both independently and within a team
- Ability to remain focused on exceptional customer service, both
internally and externally.
- Working knowledge of crop insurance regulations, policies,
procedures and best practices.
- Works effectively under pressure and able to work within tight
- Willingness to take initiative and work with minimal
- Strong time management skills with ability to prioritize.
Here's some additional information you need to know:
- Qualified candidates should be located in Western North
- Travel, up to 50% travel required; most travel is within 2+
hours driving distance of the assigned home office. Some out of
town travel may be required for trainings/meetings.
Are you ready to make a meaningful career move & an impact at CGB?
Known in our industry for stability and high ethics, CGB
Enterprises, Inc. offers a stellar benefits package including: an
outstanding 401(k) retirement plan with company contributions,
medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life, & disability
benefits, flexible spending accounts, paid leave (holidays,
vacation, sick), wellness programs, recognition programs, community
involvement opportunities, and much more!
CGB Enterprises, Inc. and it's subsidiary Diversified Crop
Insurance Services is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer.
EEO is the Law links in English or Spanish.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and
requirements for the performance of this position. It should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.
All Third Party Agencies, Headhunters, and Recruiters
CGB Enterprises, Inc. and its Subsidiaries only forms contracts
with recruiters with whom we have an established relationship and
with whom we have in place a signed contract. All contact from
third parties must go through our Human Resources Department. Any
contact made outside of our Human Resources Department by a third
party will cancel any future business relationships between the
third party and CGB Enterprises, Inc. and its Subsidiaries.
Keywords: CGB Enterprises, Bismarck , Crop Insurance Adjuster, Other , Bismarck, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!