Company: Natural Grocers
Posted on: May 15, 2019
Overview Natural Grocers Meet & Greet Tuesday May 14th 5pm - 8pm
Bismarck Veterans Memorial Library 515 N. 5th St. Bismarck, ND Text
GROW to 97211 Job Summary The Dairy/Frozen Manager is responsible
for the successful operation and profitability of the dairy/frozen
department as well as training, directing and monitoring all
department staff. Department Managers are responsible for the
success of their own department and are required to fulfill the
duties of the Manager on Duty (MOD) on a scheduled basis.
Responsibilities Key Responsibilities include the following
essential functions, but are not limited to:
- Providing World Class Customer Service as a number one
- Exemplifying integrity, responsibility, and excellence and
adhering to all policies.
- Creating inviting, full and shopable departments.
- Ordering for the dairy/frozen department, including deli and
meat, and maintaining accurate inventory levels.
- Managing margin, COGs and overall department profitability
including minimizing shrink and maximizing effective
- Ensuring all in-stock products/conditions meet company
- Offering and following up on special orders.
- Merchandising shelves, endcaps and dynamic displays.
- Managing and participating in tagging, facing, rotating,
cleaning, markdowns, stocking, and backstock.
- Training and monitoring department personnel including
assigning and following up on tasks.
- Working with other department managers to cross-train staff to
accomplish all needed tasks.
- Conducting active and passive demos.
- Assisting in interviewing and hiring for department needs.
- Working with the store manager to address performance and/or
disciplinary issues within the department.
- Opening and closing of store, including DSR and the closing
- Handling register functions including backup cashiering,
managing customer returns, addressing customer complaints, and
covering register shift changes, including those for scheduled
- Maintaining the safety and security of customers and
- Answering customer questions per company standards and
policies, including the use of Structure/Function statements and/or
statements of nutritional support.
- Continually increasing product knowledge.
- Using SAP and inventory management software, running and
analyzing reports on BEx, emailing and utilizing other IS programs
- Working a schedule based on store needs which includes
evenings, weekends, holidays. Position requires working five days,
40 hours per week and attending mandatory store meetings. Although
this is a general outline of job responsibilities all employees are
expected to be ''hands on'' and do whatever it takes to get the job
done and make the company thrive. Qualifications Education, Skills
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in retail experience in a grocery or
retail environment preferred; natural foods background is a
- 1-2 years of experience supervising others preferred.
- Ability to pass food safety training courses and/or
certifications as required by law and maintain compliance by
keeping certifications up to date and registered if
- Ability to manage changing priorities and to stay focused with
the task at hand.
- Sense of urgency in the completion of tasks.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Highly organized with great attention to detail.
- Ability to take direction and follow through.
- Must be cashier trained and able to count currency.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook. This job description
is not an employment contract. It does not guarantee a job or that
the above listed duties are the limit of responsibilities. The job
and job description are subject to change with and without notice.
Employees are required to accomplish any and all tasks as assigned
by the Store Manager and/or other corporate managers that may not
be listed in this job description.
Keywords: Natural Grocers, Bismarck , Dairy/Frozen Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Bismarck, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!