Nurse Practitioner-Home Based Primary Care
Company: US Department of Veteran Affairs
Posted on: October 10, 2018
Home Based Primary Care (HBPC) Nurse Practitioner is needed to see patients within a 50 mile radius of Bismarck, ND to provide primary care in the homes of eligible Veterans. The incumbent of this position will serve as a Nurse Practitioner of the Home Based Primary Care team with the Extended Care Service Line. HBPC is an interdisciplinary program that provides short term and long term health care services to patients in their homes. The HBPC NP provides and coordinates comprehensive, interdisciplinary, primary medical care, and case management in the home of veterans with complex medical, social and behavioral conditions. Populations served includes those patients with multiple chronically active medical problems, impairment in self, non-ambulatory, cognitive impairment, frequent use of the ER/hospital, terminally ill, no caregiver/support network, and no other accessible primary care provider. The majority of duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Provides oversight when consulting and collaborating with interdisciplinary team members to develop strategies/plan of care for handling specific patient needs
- Develops and updates, with the collaboration of the team, patient treatment plans and ensures care coordination by involving the patient, caregiver(s), family, VA and community programs
- Provides and/or coordinates skilled nursing services which includes, but not limited to: monitoring and management of chronic and acute illnesses, medication management, wound care, lab tests, catheter care, injections, electrocardiograms, promotion of health, wellness and independence
- Coordinates and participates in implementation of clinical practice guidelines Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 7:30am-4pm or 8am-4:30pmBasic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. OR The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) OR In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement for graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia. Preferred Experience:
- 1 year of full time experience as a Nurse Practitioner
- 5 years of successful full time RN practice in the area of responsibility with progressive oversight and accountability, demonstrating a high level of administrative and leadership responsibility and utilization of management skills Grade Determinations: The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade:
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree. Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-6 Nurse Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office. Physical Requirements: Heavy lifting, 45 pounds and over; heavy carrying, 45 pounds and over; straight pulling intermittent hours; pushing; reaching above shoulder; use of fingers; both hands required; walking 3 hours; standing 3 hours; kneeling 1/4 hour; repeated bending; both legs required; ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other; specific visual correction to read fine print; ability to distinguish basic colors; ability to distinguish shades of color; hearing (aid permitted); mental/emotional stability; and no skin allergies preventing use of protective equipment.NoneTo apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- Resume VA Form 10-2850a - Application for Nurses and Nurse Anesthetists can be found at: http://www.va.gov/vaforms/search_action.asp?FormNo=2850&tkey=&Action=Search. THIS IS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
- Cover Letter
- Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs)
- Other Veterans Document
Keywords: US Department of Veteran Affairs, Bismarck , Nurse Practitioner-Home Based Primary Care, Healthcare , Bismarck, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!