CNA Night Shift
Company: The Terrace
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Job DescriptionQualifications: Must be a Certified Nurse
Assistant, Must be physically and emotionally healthy and mentally
competent. Must be courteous, caring, and friendly to resident,
family members and other employees. Must be able to work well with
others and handle the stress of dealing with persons of variable
orientation, understanding and dementia.Line of Authority: Directly
responsible to the LPN/RN on duty or on call. Indirectly
responsible to the Manager.Responsible for: Resident, family
members, staff and community.Work the time scheduled. If unable to
work, find a replacement and call the supervisor at least 4 hours
before the start of the shift.Specific Job Responsibility:
- Sleeping is not permitted on this position.
- Receive report and do Narcotic count.
- At the start of the shift, check on all residents and every two
hours & PRN during the night. Make last check at the end of your
- Do residents personal laundry throughout the night. Wash, dry
- Clean counters and med cart with disinfectant Quat 25.
- Clean snack area, water fountain, phone and wipe out microwave
using a separate rag for each area. Be sure to clean coffee
- Check garbage can(s) at nurses station and med cart, empty if
- Check med cart and stock items if needed for med passing.
- Check the calendar at nurses station for residents doctor
appointments. If there are any, fill out patient referral form put
in Terrace envelope and have ready for the resident. Place in
folder and bring to office
- Return dirty dishes to kitchen.
- Do Daily census.
- Unlock Kitchen doors at 5:45 a.m.
- Assist residents that are up early with their showers as
needed, according to the bathing schedule.
- If the residents are awake and up in the mornings check if
incontinence pads have been changed, and if so please check the
garbage can and empty if needed replacing with new plastic bag. (Do
not leave a whole roll.)
- Count all Narcotic meds before leaving shift.
- Attend monthly staff in-services and other mandatory in
services as scheduled.
- Aides must be in their designated areas unless you are asked to
assist on the other wing.
- Only one person may take a break outside the building at a time
because of the number of aides on this shift.
- Know and understand the philosophy of The Terrace and provide
the described care in a supportive and caring manner.Be able to
work split shifts and variety of hours when needed
Keywords: The Terrace, Bismarck , CNA Night Shift, Healthcare , Bismarck, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!