RN - Interventional Radiology
Company: CHI St. Alexius Bismarck
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Overview: Since 1885, CHI St. Alexius Health has been dedicated
to leading health care in this region by enriching the lives of
patients through the highest quality of care. We seek to continue
our tradition of success and innovation with individuals dedicated
to delivering the highest level of expertise and quality. Together
we can continue to grow and support the legacy of CHI St. Alexius
Health for many years to come. CHI St. Alexius Health is a regional
health network with a tertiary hospital in Bismarck, the system
also consists of critical access hospitals (CAHs) in Carrington,
Dickinson, Devils Lake, Garrison, Turtle Lake, Washburn and
Williston and numerous clinics and outpatient services. CHI St.
Alexius Health manages four CAHs in North Dakota - Elgin, Linton,
and Wishek, as well as Mobridge Regional Medical Center in
Mobridge, S. D. CHI St. Alexius Health offers a comprehensive line
of inpatient and outpatient medical services, including: a Level II
Trauma Center, primary and specialty physician clinics, home health
and hospice services, durable medical equipment services, a fitness
and human performance center and ancillary services throughout
western and central North Dakota. CHI St. Alexius Health is part of
CommonSpirit Health, a nonprofit, Catholic health system dedicated
to advancing health for all people. It was created in February 2019
through the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity
Health. CommonSpirit Health is committed to creating healthier
communities, delivering exceptional patient care, and ensuring
every person has access to quality health care.
Responsibilities Under the supervision of the Heart and Vascular
Coordinator, to assess, plan, implement, evaluate and supervise
individual patient care in all areas of the Heart & Vascular Center
in accordance with the mission and philosophy of St. Alexius
Medical Center while maintaining standards of the State Nurse
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Scope of Practice and Professional Issues:
- Adheres to St. Alexius Medical Center mission, values, and
Journey Beyond Excellence expectations to foster a compassionate,
healing environment providing physiological, emotional,
psychological, and spiritual support to patients, families, and
- Assures quality of care by adhering to St. Alexius Medical
Center policies, philosophies and standards of care regulated by ND
State Board of Nursing, the ND nurse practice act, and other
governing agency regulations.
- Utilizes the nursing process, including planning, assessment,
intervention, and evaluation, to develop and implement a
comprehensive plan of care for the patient and family focused on
optimal patient outcomes
- Meets the educational needs of patient/family/co-workers
utilizing principles and current professional literature to achieve
positive learning outcomes.
- Delegates nursing care with respect based on knowledge of staff
qualifications / competencies and individual patient care
- Provides moderate sedation, monitoring, and documentation for
various Heart and Vascular procedures while following HIPAA
regulations and St. Alexius Medical Center policies.
- Assesses patient conditions and takes immediate action in
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to
infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration
and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by
communicating information, responding to requests, building rapport
and participating in multidisciplinary problem-solving.
- Successfully completes the 4 defined job specific competencies,
including competencies for age specific, as appropriate. May exceed
by completing an additional 2 or more competencies deemed for area
selected for that fiscal year.
- Takes action to achieve personal goals from performance
- Assists Heart and Vascular Clinical Coordinator with
establishing and implementing the department goals.
- Attends Heart and Vascular Department meetings.
- Work attendance will be according to the Heart and Vascular
policy, trend will be monitored by the Director.
- Assists in meeting Core Measure and Quality Control
Nursing degree / diploma from a school of nursing.
Licensed to practice resisted nursing in the state of North Dakota
or a compact.
Preferred 2 years of nursing experience.
- Ability to work with infants, pediatrics, adolescents, adults,
- Ability to work independently to perform standard and complex
procedures under minimum direction.
- Working knowledge of basic clinical skills in delivery of
- Working knowledge of computers.
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) within 480 hours of employment
and with re-certification as required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 480 hours of
employment, and with re-certification as require bi-annually.
Physical Effort: Medium. Weight lifted: Involves a maximum physical
effort requirement of 50 lbs, ability to wear lead shield aprons
and transport patients on stretchers or in wheelchair 3
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Associated topics: asn, bsn, care, domiciliary, infusion, intensive
care unit, nurse clinical, recovery, registered nurse, unit
Keywords: CHI St. Alexius Bismarck, Bismarck , RN - Interventional Radiology, Healthcare , Bismarck, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!