Company: Thrivent Financial
Posted on: May 17, 2019
The Successful Regional Director:
--- Grows his/her market by attracting high quality, diverse talent
into financial professional (FP) roles
--- Ensures new FPs are given the tools, resources and knowledge
needed in order to be successful in their new role
--- Supports the production of experienced FPs and team practices
within the market
--- Assists in capacity growth by focusing on the retention of vet
FPs and their practices
--- Is passionate about teaching and coaching others to be
Attract, Recruit and Select Diverse Talent
- Create and implement a recruiting strategy to grow capacity by
attracting and cultivating quality, diverse FP candidates in focus
- Execute a plan to recruit quality talent by spending focused
time developing trusting relationships within broad and diverse
networks, leveraging centers of influence and obtaining referrals
from FPs for quality, diverse talent
- Partner with other Thrivent leaders/key stakeholders to develop
- Collaborate with assigned recruiter and leverage his/her
expertise in recruiting and selection systems.
- Actively manage a pipeline of high quality, diverse
- Conduct selection interviews and assess candidates for high
probability for success.
- Create followership by demonstrating enthusiasm for the career
and for Thrivent and by caring about the success of others.Develop
New FPs and Support the Launch of New FP Practices
- Demonstrate mastery of the Thrivent Financial Advice Process
(Connecting with members, data gathering, case analysis, taking
action and asking for referrals) and be able to model and coach on
- Conduct high levels of joint field work (approx 3 days per
week) as scheduled by new FPs to observe and offer feedback, and
help with case prep as needed.
- Demonstrate, model and coach on the use of Salesforce and other
Thrivent tools (i.e. CAP, Illustrations, etc) during the sales
- Provide leadership to new FPs to develop their goals and
conduct meetings with new FPs to discuss progress toward their
goals, analyze what's working and not working and ways to overcome
challenges and issues.
- Help new FPs develop/execute a marketing plan to achieve their
goals that leverage relationships within their natural market,
referrals and communities.
- Hold new FPs accountable to activities and goals and motivate
them so that they are shown the path to future success.Motivate
Veteran FPs and Team Practices
- Build relationships with Veteran FPs to encourage and support
cooperation in the development of new FPs (joint field work and
- Create and execute strategies to help veteran FPs build healthy
practices; includes book management, client service models,
deepening client relationships, etc.
- Build plan for increased sales and member growth with vet
- Execute an efficient contact with vets leveraging practice
management and business development strategies.
- Apply practice management techniques, coaching, and use of
conflict management skills.
- Coach vets on succession planning to help ensure smooth
transitions of their clients and business.
- Hold vets accountable to their business plans and goals; coach
and provide tools as needed to ensure their success.
- Build culture of growth and success among veteran FPs.
- Act as sounding board and problem solver for vet FPs on issues
that arise.Collaborate with Others
- Inform and communicate with leadership team regarding FP (new
and vet) progress toward goals and success.
- Facilitate connections between new FPs and vet FPs to provide
additional joint field work experiences or practice experiences for
- Connect with corporate resources to stay informed of best
practices or changes that directly impact recruiting, launch and
- Demonstrate ability to use technology effectively with FPs to
assist in coaching and training
- Build a plan with the Community Engagement team and others to
develop and implement a plan to grow the market, and identify
communities or congregations within the market on which to focus,
using generosity and other marketing programs.
- Build and maintain relationships with leaders within the
Christian Community and centers of influence.Manages Association
- Engages in business planning to set strategy for market and to
determine how to meet goals
- Provides leadership and coaching to market team
- Develops a healthy culture within the market, enabling good
results and ensuring a culture of excellence in the market.
- Work with the Community Engagement team and others to develop
and implement a growth plan, and identify key markets on which to
- Build and maintain relationships with leaders within the
Christian Community and centers of influence.Characteristics of
- Drives for Results: strives for success, and takes ownership of
- Passionate about Attracting and Developing Others: passionate
and enthusiastic about attracting and developing others; gains
professional satisfaction from the success of others and being a
source of help
- Adaptable: flexible, agile and amenable
- Courageous: willingness to take risks and do what needs to be
done to grow individuals and the zone
- Credible: Seen as an expert in what it takes to be a successful
FP, both in sales process/methods and systems/technologyLeadership
Model the Thrivent Way
- Demonstrate alignment to decisions, and consistently follow
- Build trust and credibility through competence.
- Consistently champion, model, and demand uncompromising
commitment to values and The Thrivent Way.Build Relationships
- Model and promote an environment of respect for people of all
backgrounds and perspectives, regardless of their role, level, or
if their perspective differs from your own.
- Build collaborative relationships within and across teams.
- Model collaboration and ensure all team members participate
fully; help others understand that alignment (vs. consensus) is
- Be forthright and respectful when giving and receiving
- Adapt communication style as needed.
- Address and resolve conflict in an open and honest manner. Lead
- Remain flexible and open to new ideas and ambiguity, and
encourage others to value change.
- Encourage new processes, systems, and technologies to better
meet the needs of Thrivent and those we serve.
- Demonstrate support and excitement for change.
- When change is needed, help others understand why and how their
work fits in with the vision for change.
- Ensure team goals and processes are aligned with Thrivent as a
whole.Make Sound Decisions
- Do what is right for our mission.
- Identify and focus your team on mission-critical strategies
through the right business drivers.
- Use appropriate metrics and analysis to ensure the team is
focused on the right business metrics.
- Ensure team members consider multiple factors when making
decisions and creating solutions. Drive Results
- Clarify and model priorities and behaviors that support
initiatives and objectives.
- Help others understand expectations and timelines, effectively
deploy resources, and ensure others have what they need to achieve
- Make and keep commitments to achieve desired priorities, and
hold your team and self, accountable for them.
- Drive to meet goals and deliver results.
- Continually evaluate your team's performance against critical
business metrics; intervene to coach and address issues.Grow Talent
- Be a continuous learner, stay relevant, and actively seek
- Demonstrate commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Continuously enhance team capability through diverse talent
recruiting and selection and by providing coaching and development
support to direct reports.
- Provide timely and constructive feedback.Minimum Requirements:
- Demonstrated track record of solid sales results (i.e. L/H/A,
- Experience in using the Thrivent Financial Advice Process,
Salesforce and other Thrivent tools and systems (i.e. CAP,
Illustrations, etc.) and ability and willingness to model, promote
and demonstrate usage of tools as needed.
- Previous experience in attracting others.
- Experience providing investment advice to be able to provide
relevant coaching and support to new and vet FPs.
- Will and skill to commit to joint field work expectations.
- Experience in leading groups, specifically in presenting and
facilitating in order to drive understanding of concepts and
practices that lead to FP success.
- FINRA Series 7, 63/65 or 66 required or obtained within 90
- State insurance licensed and appointed in life, health and
variable lines of authority or attained within 90 days.
- State securities registered and insurance licensed and
appointed in all states that comprise the RFO area.
- Once FPs are assigned to this position, this position will
require securities registrations, state insurance licenses and
appointments in all states where FPs are conducting business and
- Satisfactory background check and clean compliance record......
click apply for full job details
Keywords: Thrivent Financial, Bismarck , Regional Director, Executive , Bismarck, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!