Company: Coca-Cola Bottling Company High Country
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Operations Manager Bismarck, ND
Job TypeFull-timeDescriptionJOB PURPOSEAs a part of the Operations
and Sales Center Team, the Operations Manager is responsible for
the day to day operations of the Warehouse, Equipment Service and
Fleet areas of the Sales Center. This position makes personnel
decisions regarding hiring, compensation, promotions, discipline
and termination of team members in accordance with Company
policies. The Operations Manager also manages inventory and
provides statistical analysis identifying areas for continuous
improvement.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Report daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports to
- Manage inventory to minimize out of date and out of stock
issues in the warehouse and in the market.
- Analyze statistical data and reports to identify areas for
- Manage monthly/annual department operating budget, control
expenses effectively, and provide explanation of budget variances
- Oversee the product rotation within the facility.
- Conduct Product Age Studies in the market served by the Sales
- Ensures the warehouse is laid out for maximum efficiency.
- Oversees all the incoming and outgoing trucking
- Provide training and supervisory direction for forklift
operators and warehouse personnel.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the warehouse
which results in a clean and neat working environment that ensures
safety and projects a positive image for a food manufacturing
- Preserve physical appearance of company grounds.
- Oversees the day to day activities of the Equipment Service
- Responsible for fleet maintenance and for ensuring all truck
checks are completed in accordance with regulations.
- Work with leadership team to continuously foster a positive
work environment, develop employees and establish the organization
as a premier employer.
- Conform with, abide by, and re-enforce all regulations,
policies, work procedures, and processes.
- Work with the administrative department located in the Black
- Coordinate with the other managers in the sales center to
ensure the sales center performs efficiently, effectively, and
- Responsible for the safety of employees supervised, the
protection of machinery or other property of the sales center, and
the prevention of widespread breakdown in overall operations.
- Keep up-to-date on information and technology affecting
functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure
compliance.ESSENTIAL SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with management team to ensure appropriate handling of
personnel matters including hiring for open positions, evaluating
performance, and taking appropriate actions in the event of
- Provide strategic leadership and build capability through
coaching and development on the companys overall business model,
goals and objectives.
- Include management staff in planning, decision-making, and
- Identify and mitigate potential personnel
risks.RequirementsEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Two to three years supervisory experience.
- Microsoft Office proficiency including Microsoft Word, Excel
and PowerPoint, and Outlook.JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Valid drivers license and a motor vehicle driving history that
meets CCBCHC guidelines.
- Adaptability Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Business Acumen Ability to grasp and understand business
concepts and issues.
- Communication Ability to effectively, clearly and concisely
communicate verbally and in writing.
- Decision Making Display willingness to make critical decisions
while following company practices.
- Delegation Ability to delegate work, give authority to work
independently, set expectations and monitor delegated
- Enthusiasm Ability to bring energy to the day to day as well as
long-term tasks and plans.
- Judgment Display willingness to make timely decisions and
exhibit sound and accurate judgment.
- Leadership Ability to inspire and motivate others to perform
well; accept feedback.
- Planning & Organizing Ability to prioritize and plan work
activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action
- Reliability Demonstrate regular attendance and availability to
staff and management.
- Quality Management Demonstrate commitment to improve and
promote quality in all operating areas.
- Safety & Security Promote and personally observe safety and
security procedures and uses equipment and materials property.
- Honesty, Trust & Respect Must be seen as truthful and credible
and exhibit respectful behavior in all actions representing the
- Work in an office environment; sustained posture in a seated
position for prolonged periods of time; may utilize a computer
terminal for prolonged periods of time.
- Work involves walking, talking and hearing, using hands to
handle, feel or operate objects. Vision abilities required by this
job include close vision and the ability to focus when using
- Must be able to repetitively lift, pull and push 50+ pounds,
reach above head height, stand, walk, kneel, bend and reach.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.PERSONAL
PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
- Hard hat while on a forklift.WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The noise level in the work environment can be moderately noisy
due to manufacturing and/or warehousing equipment in
- Must be willing to travel to other company locations
approximately 10% and attend out-of-town training and/or
seminars.This job description lists the major duties and
requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may
be expected to perform job-related duties other than those
contained in this document and may be required to have specific
job-related knowledge and skills.Coca-Cola Bottling Company High
country is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer,
requires pre-employment drug testing, if applicable, and adheres to
an Alcohol and Drug-Free Workplace.
Keywords: Coca-Cola Bottling Company High Country, Bismarck , Operations Manager, Executive , Bismarck, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!