Director of Manufacturing
Company: Coca-Cola Bottling Company
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Description: JOB PURPOSE The Director of Manufacturing is
responsible for day to day activities of directing, controlling,
and coordinating all phases of manufacturing. The position supports
manufacturing for the entire company in a safe, efficient and
profitable manner. The Director of Manufacturing is responsible for
continuously improving our safety, quality, and efficiency.
Continuous improvement efforts must drive organizational, cultural,
and process changes necessary for the identification and
improvement of inefficiencies in process and workflow. ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage annual department operating and capital budget, control
expenses effectively, and provide explanation of budget variances
- Develop, maintain, and improve metrics monitoring performance
and attainment of objectives and key results.
- Understanding of Financial plan
- Collaborate with operations and sales management in order to
improve CCNA quality indices
- Direct manufacturing activities to ensure maximum quality is
delivered safely, efficiently and on-time.
- Oversee the management of machinery and local building
- Drive manufacturing organization to high levels of safety and
performance, as evidenced by a track record of consistent delivery
and development of systems and processes to support customers and
- Assist management with process equipment and product/package
- Collaborate with leadership to ensure reliable and timely
launch and ongoing supply of products to the marketplace.
- Responsible for cleanliness and organization of production and
- Monitor all CCNA, Federal and State communications/audits and
implement any necessary changes
- Interface with all local, state, and federal authorities with
regard to functional areas.
- Preserve physical appearance of local company grounds.
- Work in the leadership team to continuously foster a positive
work environment and establish the organization as a premier
- Coach managers and teams to help them succeed, providing
clarity, detecting and resolving issues, instrumenting a framework
for continuous improvement, and ensuring that the teams have what
they need to deliver with quality, autonomy, and purpose.
- Select, supervise, evaluate and develop personnel.
- Manages staff selection, performance, and development to ensure
team competencies and capabilities to reach business goals and
- Implementation of Manufacturing KPIs
- Ensures robust security procedures and training are in place
and that operations are following compliance as required by
legislation and policy.
- Responsible for safety of employees supervised, the protection
of machinery, and the prevention of widespread breakdown in
- Keep up-to-date on information and technology affecting
functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance and
- Develop, review, and implement actions resulting in continuous
improvement in safety, product quality, product delivery,
productivity, material utilization, customer service, workforce
diversity, quality of work life, and lower manufacturing and
- Continuous improvement techniques with manufacturing processes
- Analyze statistical data and reports to identify areas for
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective internal and external
relationships across functional and geographic boundaries in
pursuit of business goals.
- Build strong teams and relationships with colleagues, direct
reports, employees, customers, and suppliers
- Conform with, abide by, and re-enforce all regulations,
policies, work procedures, and processes.
- Will have a high degree of ownership, a growth-oriented
mindset, and a passion for enabling your teams to succeed. PM21
.Requirements: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, or related
- Minimum 2 years previous management experience in a related
- Prior experience with project management.
- Microsoft Office proficiency including Microsoft Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Familiarity with manufacturing systems.
- Expertise in managing lean manufacturing operations is a plus
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Mechanical skills.
- Ability to diagnose problems and formulate solutions on
production machinery and building mechanical systems.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the
- Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business
concepts and issues.
- Communication - Ability to effectively, clearly and concisely
communicate verbally and in writing.
- Decision Making - Display willingness to make critical
decisions while following company practices.
- Delegation - Ability to delegate work, give authority to work
independently, set expectations and monitor delegated
- Enthusiasm - Ability to bring energy to the day to day as well
as long-term tasks and plans.
- Judgment - Display willingness to make timely decisions and
exhibit sound and accurate judgment.
- Leadership - Ability to inspire and motivate others to perform
well; accept feedback.
- Planning & Organizing - Ability to prioritize and plan work
activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action
- Reliability - Demonstrate regular attendance and availability
to staff and management.
- Quality Management - Demonstrate commitment to improve and
promote quality in all operating areas.
- Safety & Security - Promote and personally observe safety and
security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Honesty, Trust & Respect - Must be seen as truthful and
credible and exhibit respectful behavior in all actions
representing the company. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, direct, supervise and coordinate work activities of
maintenance and production staff.
- Coach and mentor staff in developing and achieving goals and
- Provide regular performance feedback. TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
- Continuing education to maintain certification and a current
working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- New Hire Orientation
- Company's Inter-Active Safety Training
- Allergen Awareness Training
- Diversity and Harassment Training
- Reasonable Suspicion Training for Supervisors & Managers
- Work environment is both office and field; must be able to work
at a desk and on feet for long periods of time. Field work involves
but is not limited to, heights, confined space, and outdoors.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Work involves walking, talking and hearing, using hands to
handle, feel or operate objects. Vision abilities required by this
job include close vision and the ability to focus when using
computer terminal or working on small components. PERSONAL
PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
- Hearing protection dependent on specified areas.
- Hair Nets if working with open containers. WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The noise level in the work environment can be moderately noisy
due to manufacturing and/or warehousing equipment in
- Must be willing to travel to other company locations
approximately 10% and attend out-of-town training and/or
- Some areas are slippery due to the production process.
- Warehouse area has heavy forklift traffic. This job description
lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not
all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related
duties other than those contained in this document and may be
required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.
Coca-Cola Bottling Company High country is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, requires pre-employment
drug testing, if applicable, and adheres to an Alcohol and
Keywords: Coca-Cola Bottling Company, Bismarck , Director of Manufacturing, Executive , Bismarck, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!