Business Development Director
Company: Bilfinger SE
Posted on: February 20, 2021
Bilfinger is a leading international industrial services
provider, active primarily in Continental Europe, Northwest Europe,
North America, and the Middle East. With over 4,500 skilled
employees in North America, Bilfinger delivers its services across
multiple industries that include petrochemical, oil & gas, consumer
goods, energy and utilities, and government services. Bilfinger has
offices in 40 states, and our project portfolio covers the entire
value chain from consulting, engineering, manufacturing, assembly,
maintenance, plant expansion, and turnarounds to environmental
technologies and digital applications. We have over 100 years of
industrial experience on projects as small as $500 and as large as
$40M, performed in every time zone of the United States. Business
Development Director (Bismarck, ND) Position Summary
Responsibilities include the research and analysis of business
opportunities for our U.S. Mid-Western and Northwestern regional
operation, consistent with the organization's long range and
strategic plans. Evaluates opportunities through financial
feasibility studies, market research, and planning. Assists with
special studies in areas such as asset management, operational
effectiveness, capacity utilization, or technology and innovation
needs in the market. This position is responsible for maintaining
retention plans of existing clients as well as, capture plans for
future customers. Responsible for maintaining relationships with
existing clients and developing new client contacts, typically up
to a Plant and/or Procurement Manager level. Identifies market
opportunities and works with the technical teams to grow profitable
revenue for the company. Serves as a liaison with internal
counterparts on cross-business unit opportunities. Duties and
- Leads the proposal and operations team in developing proposals
and group presentations.
- Performs relative market analysis on business potential and
supports strategic and revenue planning
- Supports the marketing lead on development of the annual event
plan, including priority industry networking events
- Manages the business development and marketing budget, ensuring
plans are in place to obtain ROI
- Leads the sales force related functions relating to entering
sales leads, produces sales reports and books projects into company
booking software (Salesforce).
- Conducts research to provide business and market insight that
will drive business direction and decisions
- Researches and reports on industry, competitor and client
- Develops presentations for target customers and facilitates the
process to understand the key value-proposition points
- Collaborates with other departments as appropriate to develop
strategic perspective on new markets or technologies
- Assists management with ad-hoc requests, including special
projects and initiatives.
- Assists with preparation of management reports.
- Observes and complies with all safety rules.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned. Job
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Economics, Finance, Engineering
or related field; or a combination of education and industry
- Minimum 10-15 years of heavy industrial, chemical experience,
or related experience; and a minimum of 8 years in a business
development leadership role.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience with contracts negotiation,
management, and long term service agreements.
- Maintains a strong base of customer relationships in the U.S.
Mid-Western & Northwestern regions
- Self-starter, strong interpersonal communication skills with
all levels of colleagues, comfortable working with executive
- Willingness to work both independently and as a team to meet
quick deadlines and objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills
- Required to lead the process of developing customer
presentations and develop the value-added proposition to
effectively pursue RFP/RFQ to award. Technical Knowledge and
- Proficient in the use of Salesforce and IIR and developing
business plans stemming from data in this network
- Demonstrated skill in the development of heavy industrial
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate with incumbent and
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Working experience using SAP, Salesforce, Power BI and IIR.
- Must be qualified and physically able to walk through client
facilities, in some cases, climbing to slightly elevated heights
Please reach out to Gregory Dwayne
Dunning--(email@example.com) in case of--any questions
related to this position.-- Bilfinger Inc. is an Equal Opportunity
Employer - M/F/Veterans/Disabled. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, protected veteran status or other legally
protected characteristics. This employer participates in E-Verify
and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9
information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this
employer is required to give you written instructions and an
opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or
Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve
the issue before the employer can take any action against you,
including terminating your employment. Employers can only use
E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form
I-9. Fraudulent employment offers
We are aware that fraudulent employment offers are being
transmitted via email by people claiming to be employees or
representatives of Bilfinger. Prospective candidates are provided
job descriptions and employment letters and are asked to complete
and return employment information forms as well as official tax
forms. These job offers may look genuine and could include names of
Bilfinger legal entities, Bilfinger executives, their signatures,
seals of "authenticity", the Bilfinger brand and logo.
Please be advised that these communications are FRAUDULENT and are
NOT sent from anyone within or affiliated with Bilfinger. These
email messages are a scam and should be treated as such. Bilfinger
does not make job offers via social media, unsolicited email or
without personally interviewing candidates first. We never send you
cheques in order to pay contractors to set up a home office. Never
send money or pass on personal details to anyone suggesting they
can provide employment with Bilfinger, and never reply to an email
address that does not end in @bilfinger.com.
If you receive such a message, you are advised to contact your
local law enforcement agency and provide any details you may have.
You also may forward the messages to
If you are interested in an employment with Bilfinger, please
submit your application in the safe environment of our global job
Keywords: Bilfinger SE, Bismarck , Business Development Director, Executive , Bismarck, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!