Field Automation Support Engineer
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Job Family: Customer ServicesReq ID: 320034Russelectric , A
Siemens Business, is a leading U.S. manufacturer of power control
systems including paralleling switchgear and automatic transfer
switches. As a growing business, we are looking for a Field Service
Engineer to join our growing team. The field service engineer
performs emergency repairs, warranty service; field service &
engineering of electrical power distribution and control
equipment.Our CultureAt Siemens, we live and foster an ownership
culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for
our companys success. We utilize lean principles to continually
improve our processes and customers experience. We trust and
empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate
to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our
failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and
team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members,
offering a wide variety of internal and external development
opportunities.Who designs your future? You do. Working within our
global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have
over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to
see the world or stay in your own back yard.Do you want to work for
a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself
learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so,
we'd like to meet you!POSITION SUMMARY:The Field Automation Support
Engineer will be responsible for supporting the PLC control logic
used to control and monitor switchgear systems. The engineer will
also be responsible for supporting the SCADA application to ensure
that all specified software operations and features are provided,
accurate, and intuitive.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Always receptive to feedback, willing to learn, and embracing
- Communicates effectively with all levels of employees and
- Confirm project requirements by reviewing the program objective
vs. hardware provided.
- Provides remote and on-site support for local filed
- Provide automation support for custom PLC programs with both
function block and ladder logic style programming using a
- Provide automation support for project specific SCADA control
and monitoring screens.
- Participates in the continuous improvement of PLC / SCADA
- Carry cell phone and be available for automation support
- Travel Percentage: 30% - paid travel time, expenses, plus Per
- Strong understanding of PLC Network Architecture. This
includes, but is not limited to Redundant PLC Controllers, Remote
IO Drops, and all associated network protocols.
- Strong understanding of Emergency Power Switchgear Systems.
This includes, but is not limited to No-Load Tests, ATS Load Tests,
Manual/Auto Load Control, and Generator Demand.
- Ability to support custom PLC programming for new Emergency
Power Switchgear Systems.
- Ability to support custom PLC programming for legacy Switchgear
Systems. These modifications will be implemented to an on-line
facility, and a smooth transition from old to new automation is
crucial. Utility/Generator Switchgear Systems provide power to the
on-line facility at all times, making it extremely difficult to
implement incremental upgrades. For this reason, full, accurate
simulation of the system in the various stages of the upgrade is
- Ability to support lifelike software simulation of Emergency
Power Switchgear Systems
- Ability to host live demonstrations for existing and potential
customers, highlighting the strengths of our switchgear
- Collaborate with other departments, commissioning agents, and
end users to come up with improvements and new features for our
Switchgear Systems.QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Applicable degree in Automation and Control Engineering,
Electrical Engineering or equivalent combination of formal
education, training and experience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a diverse environment with minimal
- Proficiency with windows based operating systems and TCP/IP
- Knowledge of standard data types (Boolean, Integer, Double
Integer, Floating Point, etc)
- Familiarity with Object-Oriented Programming.
- Ability to interpret schematics, wiring prints, point lists,
and other documentation.
- Experience with a variety of communication methods, such as
Genius, SRTP, Ethernet Global Data, Profinet, and Modbus.
- Experience with a variety of programming PLCs and SCADAs,
including LM90, VersaPro, Proficy, RSLogix 5000, ProWORX, Step 7,
- Understanding of 3 phase power.
- Understanding of diesel generator start/stop control,
synchronizing, load sharing, and soft loading.This position reports
to the Field Automation Support Team Manager and is a home office
position. The expected travel is 50%We offer flexible vacation
time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life,
vision and dental benefits.#LI-BJ1Organization: Smart
InfrastructureCompany: Siemens Industry, Inc.Experience Level:
Mid-level ProfessionalFull / Part time: Full-timeEqual Employment
Opportunity StatementSiemens is an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national
origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental
disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family
responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual
orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex
stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or
military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service,
and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.EEO
is the LawApplicants and employees are protected under Federal law
from discrimination. To learn more, Click here
.Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination ProvisionSiemens follows
Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency
Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here
.California Privacy NoticeCalifornia residents have the right to
receive additional notices about their personal information. To
learn more, click here
Keywords: Siemens, Bismarck , Field Automation Support Engineer, Engineering , Bismarck, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!