Water Resource Engineer-Bismarck, ND
Posted on: March 28, 2020
Ulteig is seeking a Water Resources engineer in our Bismarck, ND
office. The Engineer will work with Ulteig project teams and our
clients to perform various engineering design and hydraulic
modeling techniques on local, regional, and national water
resources projects. This engineer may also be responsible for
helping mentor younger staff and for fostering strong relationships
What You'll Do
- Demonstrate knowledge, skills, and abilities to lead developing
hydrologic and hydraulic models.
- Assess hydraulic performance and scour potential at bridges;
developing 1D/2D hydraulic models to assess project impacts to
floodplains along with dam and levee design and breach, fish
passage; urban stormwater BMP design; and writing draft technical
reports to document design calculations.
- Lead and develop design calculations for transportation
hydraulic structures, stormwater management facilities, and
irrigation systems; developing water quality assessments and
models; and developing flood control, river design, stream grade
control structures, and stream channel
What We Expect from You
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental
Engineering, or another related engineering field
- Masters degree with emphasis in Water Resources
- PE required.
- 4+ years water resources engineering experience
- Hydrologic and hydraulic modeling and software such as HEC-HMS,
HEC-RAS, GeoHECRAS, ArcGIS, SMS, SRH-2D, WMS, XP-SWMM, InfoWorks,
CORMIX, FLOW-3D, WinSLAMM and P8.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and with a project
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of
our employee-owned culture is a must.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US.
What You Can Expect from Ulteig
For 75 years, weve built a culture focused on people both our
clients and our employees. We realize that a huge part of our
success has relied heavily on the dedication and focus of our
workforce; this is why we make investing in our employees a top
priority. Being 100% employee-owned means, we take our own success
and the success of our clients personally.
We offer our team members:
- Flexible Workplace
- Employee Ownership
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Collaborative Environment
- Innovative Culture
Working at Ulteig is more than a job, it means you will be making a
difference. Our vision is to be among the most highly regarded
engineering and technical services firms in North America. Ulteig
connects people and resources to develop compelling, integrated
solutions across multiple Lifeline Sectors--, including power,
renewables, transportation and water. Ulteig's footprint spans the
country and leverages its expertise with a wide range of public and
If you would like to be a part of a company that empowers their
employees, apply today!
Ulteig provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national
origin, age, veteran status, disability and any other legally
protected status. Drug Free Workplace.
ACHIEVE - GROW - COLLABORATE
Keywords: Ulteig, Bismarck , Water Resource Engineer-Bismarck, ND, Engineering , Bismarck, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!